Illustrations are wonderful. But it is even far better to turn them into animation to make the videos look extra more amazing. With a few steps and with the help of some tools like Adobe illustrator and after effects the illustration will be in effect in zero time. The clients nowadays expect illustration to be animated for digital campaign. Between the last few years we have seen animation and illustration industries have changed beyond limits, with clients and consumers just craving movement from their imagery. The last few years has seen the illustration and animation industry changed beyond recognition, with clients and consumers just yearning from imagery.
The transformation has intruded its way through the whole world of social media from social media stickers to global advertising campaigns. This mainstream dissemination has paved the way to adopt a new style of techniques to just distinguish it from the crowd. The current situation has also made a deep impact. With the agencies having spent a few months of lockdown and trying to just rethink how projects may be delivered safely animation is enjoying a huge elevation in popularity. Whoever client is hiring will expect artwork to be animated in some way. Undoubtedly the best area to start when one is learning the classic 12 principles of animating ones illustration which are often regarded as the ‘’Bible of animation’’
These tips and tricks for animating illustration is discussed below-
1. Use squash and stretch to Avoid stiff movement- Squashing and stretching an object as it moves may create the illusion of flexibility and life. It may also give the viewer information about how hard or soft the object is. If the animation is looking too rigid one may try to add squash and stretch to the movement and notice how that improves.
2. Add anticipation to your movement– An object rarely just starts moving forward- there is usually a sort of same movement in the opposite direction. If one is throwing a ball. One might pull ones arm back before thrusting it forward. If one is adding anticipation it gives the viewer a hint of what is coming and prevents one’ s movement from feeling like its coming from nowhere.
3. Make sure all movement has follow through– Anticipation is all about how one starts ones movement. Follow through is about just finishing it. When an object stops it doesn’t usually stop all at once. Adding small movement after the main action will definitely create a more realistic look.
4. Add arcs to create natural movement– Nothing in nature moves in a straight line. While we move our hand or we move our arm one may notice, one may notice there is an arc in the movement. If one feel like your animations are looking off try softening the way of movement with some arcs.
5. Ease In and out your movement- When an object moves it never starts at a very high speed. It stays at the same speed the whole time. A lot of bad animation may just do that. According to the animation principle of slow in slow out one might be sure that the movement has natural acceleration and deceleration. One may incorporate this principle in one’s own animation by adding frames at the beginning of the movement, fewer in the middle part and more at the end.
6. Use your frames to create Intentional timing– If one is wondering how to animate nicely one may pay close attention to the animation principles of timing. Timing is related to how many frames ones action takes, and how closely, those frames are positioned together. By editing the number of frames one may just adjust the perceived speed weight, smoothness of animation. One may include mix of timing and animation to make it feel more realistic and amazing.
7. Make use of secondary action– Secondary action are any sort of movement that aren’t much essential to the scene. But it helps support the main movement and it adds more dimensions to the scene. If one if wondering that the animation are feeling flat is one should try to add some secondary action to them.
8. Don’t be afraid to exaggerate your movement– With a lot of animation is about creating realistic movement a good animation is about creating exaggeration. Action that are subtle might easily been missed by the audience
9. Visually highlighting the most important elements- Staging is mostly about directing the audience’s attention towards the vital part in a scene. If one feels that it is very difficult to focus on your animation one should add small movement or other visual highlights to draw the viewer’s eyes.
10. Choose the Right animation strategy for your scene– There are different techniques for animating frame by frame , straight ahead where one start at the beginning and animate scene by scene and by pose by pose . One animates the beginning and end part of one’s movement. Then one starts to fill the void. According to animator Johannnese Fast straight ahead is great for organic movement, like smoke or fire because it makes one animation more dynamic and random. The pose to pose formula is great for character animation where one had to hit the specific key poses throughout the scene.
11. Make sure that animations are appealing– When one starts to animate one may be a bit puzzled in technical aspect. One should keep in mind that one should create something interesting, beautiful, and full of variety, added with some fun.
12. Ways to get better in animating illustration– One should study real movement, practice classic exercises, Study other animation, copy other animation, find out a good software, and start with a GIF, learn to design for animation, follow other animators, let yourself fail.
These are some good tricks to animate ones illustration.
Maac Institute located in Chowringhee provides courses in animation. It provides certificate and diploma courses in 2d and 3d animation. It provides good teachers excellent lab facility , and placement assistance .
Call us in our number , or walk in a counsellor is there to help you!
@9836321595 MAAC CHOWRINGHEE
@9836321789 MAAC RASHBEHARI
@9830390356 MAAC ULTADANGA